John Hain/e and Maria/h Trask
John Haine was born about 1791 in Odcombe Somerset according to the 1851 census.
Possibly John, bastard son of
Mary Hayn baptised 17th June 1788 at St Peter and Paul
 Note not the John Hann born 4th January 1792 and baptism 12th January 1792
at St Peter and Paul Odcombe Somerset, parents Edward Hann and Martha. This child
appears to have died aged 6.
[Free reg]

Maria(h) Trask was born about 1798 according to her burial record. But a probable baptism
is Mariah Trask baptised 16th September 1789 at Blessed Virgin Mary east Chinnock,
John and Ann Trask. [Free Reg]

Marriage: John Hayn [sic] married Mariah [sic] Trask on 18th May 1812 at St Andrew
Brympton Somerset. Witnesses were James Dade and Elizabeth Harvey. Brympton is the
neighbouring parish to odcombe - see map below. [Free Reg]

Their Children Were: [per Family Search and Free Reg]

James Haine baptised 9th July 1815 St Peter and Paul, Odcombe, father a labourer.

Ann Haine baptised 30th November 1817 St Peter abd Paul Odcombe, father a labourer- my
great x 3 grandmother

Eliza Haine baptised 9th December 1821. Married Thomas Condon/Cundon on 12th
February 1849 at St Micahel East Coker. Eliza, aged 26, a glove maker, spinster. Robert, a
widower aged 27, labourer, both of East Coker. Father John Haine, labourer and Samuel
Cunden Weaver. Bride made her mark.


Maria Haine
buried 25th January 1837 aged 39

1841 Census: John Hain [sic] an agricultural labourer aged 50 is residing at Odcombe with
daughter Eliza aged 18

1851 Census: John Haine, widower aged 60 born Odcombe is a lodger residing with married
daughter Eliza Condon [sic] aged 29 born Odcombe, glover at Odcombe. Also in the
household is Robert Condon aged 29, labourer, son Francis aged 8 and John aged 1.

Wikipedia: Odcombe is a village and civil parish in south Somerset, England, 3 miles (4.8
km) west of the town of Yeovil, with a population of 759 in 2011.
The upper part of the village, Higher Odcombe, sits on the crest of the hill, while the lower
part, Lower Odcombe, is built on its northern slopes.
The village is mentioned in the Domesday book when it was owned by Robert, Count of
Mortain.  The village is built predominantly out of the local hamstone still quarried on Ham
Hill, two miles to the west.
Mary Hayne
- single woman of Odcombe -

Possible baptism on 13th March 1752 Mary Hain daughter of Robert Hain and Mary

Children: at St Peter and St Paul Odcombe

John Hayne born 7th September baptised Sunday 3rd October 1784, a bastard child.

Isaac Hayne [unconfirmed] buried 30th October 1785,  a bastard buried by the parish buried aged 1 year 8 months

John Hayne, bapised 17th June 1788 bastard son of Mary